Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Reap

Easy is not how I would explain my life
And your absence play a huge role
Hate and anger still rest in my heart and soul
How more selfish could you be
Your excuses never meant a thing to me
How hard did you really try
If you did
It is not evident
Not in my life at least
Where was learning to know about your child on your priority list
I laugh at all the people that called you
A good person
That I should want to know you
Yet I remained without you
My formative years passed
Never to be repeated
Lessons learned, fears faced, memories made
How could you not care
Mistake or not, I am here
Another fatherless black male
Just like you
Like thousands more
Who will stand and break the trend
Who will make amends
The injustice served to me and those alike
One day I will let go
Because you will reap

1 comment:

SoFaReal said...

Your burdens are my burdens...i went through and read from the top starting with the 15th, and i couldnt help but to be set in awe at the correlation of your sentiments and circumstances with mine. I feel you, man, on so many levels i cant explain right now. Definitely good to see someone who can attest to my own pains...I will return.