Sunday, December 09, 2007

2:32 AM

Why is it ringing again
I know it is you
Can't be anyone else
Calls at this hour
Only come from one source
I thought I cut you off
Guess I was mistaken
I press Ignore once again
Sending you to voicemail
Wonder what message you will leave this time
Will it be one
Pleading for forgiveness
Requesting my immediate attention
Cursing my very existence
Declaring your overwhelming love for me
I call to check it and hear
The incoming call beep
Now you know I am awake
Just great
Twenty more calls from you
Please let me go
It would behoove us both to move on
I could get some sleep and peace
And you could
Well I don't really care what you get from it
And as your name flashes again
I switch my cellular off
Say a prayer for your sad soul
And head to dreamland
To dream of Something New

No comments: