Tuesday, December 04, 2007

No Fight

You should have told me
What I meant to you
How things were
So I could appropriately prioritize
Now I am here
Explaining my pain
To someone who is putting up
No fight
As the words flow out of my mouth
I wait and anticipate a response
But still you put up
No fight
Honesty promised
But little information revealed
And now you sit in silence
As I display anger and hurt
Not much is done to console me
Don't you see that I cared
Trying to oblige your requests
Cater to your likes and needs
Not sure where to go from here
But as long as you put up
No fight
Nothing else seems feasible
Staring at the Dead End sign
Hoping that it is just a sharp turn
That new road and direction are
Hidden past this sign that
Someone just forgot to take down
The reality is that maybe this is the end
Still you put up
No fight
Maybe this is your subtle way of letting me down
Not wanting to offend
I guess I should take the hint
As the many that I have been given before
But I felt that you did care
Your mouth that spoke life and promise
Now is void
No fight is needed if you never cared.

2 comments:

life said...

Not feeling like your worth the fight...really pisses you off.

goodygirl said...

I love this poem, it is beyond great.