Thursday, January 10, 2008

All I Wanted

All I wanted was for you
To love me
To see me
For all my potential
To appropriately assess
The situation
And see that I could make it
Trying to perfect me
Will take time
I expected patience from you
Because that is what you preached
But ye of little faith
Doubt me now
Bothering me with petty things
You see my frustration
But hardly provide alleviation
I hope that the current outlook
Does not deter you from helping me
To my goals
That is why you are here
For me
To push me to greatness
But you refuse now to be here
Vacating the role that is
Necessary for immediate relief
Why would you turn from me
Leaving me to possible desperate measures
Is this to prove something to me
Or something to yourself
I am unsure
Yet I will continue
Along this path alone

No comments: